Cuphead is already a challenging game, now Studio MDHR is making it difficult for everyone by fixing some exploits. Some creative players found a number of exploits like weapon-switching that would allow players to hit enemies which high-powered shots. The Charge Weapon has also seen some changes and isn’t as powerful as it once was.
The developer also added a new “spooky Mausoleum announcer” as well as addressing a number of freezing issues and crashes.
The full v.1.1.3 release notes read:
- Fixed various freezes caused by controller disconnection/reconnection
- Fixed infinite controller rumble bug
- Fixed various freezes and soft-locks and crashes
- Improvements to saving and loading
- No longer possible to create a Mugman army.
- Fixed rapid-weapon-swap damage glitch
- Slight charge weapon damage reduction
- Charge weapon charge is now maintained during parry
- It is now possible to unequip secondary weapon, Super, and Charm from equipment menu (Press “Y” to unequip)
- Mr. Chimes no longer gets stuck or goes off-screen
- King Dice’s Start Over square will now only trigger once per attempt
- Player 2 now appears in the King Dice board after being revived at the end of a mini-boss level
- Dice Palace score now properly resets when retrying the level
- Fixed improper hit boxes on the Devil’s snake attack
- Fixed Devil’s goat attack so it hits ducking players
- Elevator on Rugged Ridge no longer locks if Player 1 dies
- A+ grade now possible on Funfair Fever and Treetop Trouble
- No longer possible to damage bosses that are off-screen
- Fixed rare crash when parrying on Carnival Kerfuffle
- Fixed Roundabout shots not coming back on screen on select stages
- Baroness Von Bon Bon death results now properly displays progress on phase 3
- Dr. Kahl’s Robot death results now properly displays progress on phase 1
- Fixed various minor collision bugs
- Various art and animation polish
- Minor sound effect bug fixes and polish
- Added spooky Mausoleum announcer
- Touch fuzzy, get a little dizzy
Cuphead is available now for PC and Xbox One and is part of the Xbox Play Anywhere Program.