While PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners were able to try out the Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer Beta, PC owners seemed to be left out. Now, Sledgehammer Games has confirmed that PC players will be able to play the Beta starting on the 29th September and go until the 2nd October for all Steam users. Yep, that’s right, you don’t need to pre-order the game just download the Beta and start playing.
In partnership with Raven Software, the development teams are looking to push a few core parts of the game during the Beta. Those key points are:
- Stress test core gameplay systems and online backend infrastructure at scale
- Provide PC fans with their first hands-on experience of the boots-on-the-ground combat coming in Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer
- Engage with the PC community to fine-tune and optimize the PC experience for November
To take part in the Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer Beta on PC, you’ll need to have Steam and meet the following specifications:
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit or later
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 3225 or equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB RAM
- HDD: 25 GB HD space
- Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 @ 2 GB / AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 @ 2GB or better
- DirectX: Version 11.0 compatible video card or equivalent
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
These minimum specifications are open to change before the game launches in November.
Call of Duty: WWII launches for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on the 3rd November 2017.