Dean Hall’s RocketWerkz studio is set to launch its new space based game Stationeers in September… Maybe!
On Steam, Hall wrote
Our current plan is to release in September. However, this date would be delayed if we do not think the game is ready. We will communicate this if it happens, and the reasons why. I just think we should be a little more public now about our expected targets, as it also helps internally put a little pressure on the team.
The September release puts the game into Steam Early Access and doesn’t necessarily represent the final product.
Construct and manage your own space station either by yourself in singleplayer or with friends online! Fully functioning atmospherics, science, power, engineering, medical, and agricultural systems. Explore to find asteroids and construct elaborate factories to harvest your resources!
If you aren’t familiar with Dean Hall, he is the New Zealand based developer best known for the ARMA 2 mod, DayZ.
Game features are set to include:
- Various dangerous environments to explore and develop including exotic planets and asteroid belts.
- Detailed construction system including architecture, power, and networking.
- Science-based atmospherics system including temperature, pressure, combustion, gas mixtures, water, and fire.
- Gravity simulation. Lose structural integrity in a room and the room loses gravity.
- Full physics on dynamic items in the world, including atmospheric effects such as explosive decompression.
- Farm livestock and grow plants for food in space! Independent and immersive AI implementation for animals.
- Construct complex factories in space using machines, conveyors, and computers.
- Perform surgeries, cure diseases, and other medical aliments faced by other Stationeers.
- Complex systems noted above are multithreaded for better performance.
- Detailed mining system with fully deformable voxel terrain on worlds and asteroids.
Stationeers is set to release into Early Access this September for PC.