id Software and Bethesda are releasing DOOM Update 6.66 which offers an overhaul to multiplayer. It includes changes like a revised progression system, new rune system for loadouts, enhanced kill notifications and bug fixes. It also makes the game’s three DLC’s Unto The Evil, Hell Followed and Bloodfall will become available to all owners of DOOM.
The update which goes live today brings all of the changes to PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and resets everyone back to level 0 in Multiplayer. This is so that all of the changes in the update put everyone on a level playing field at the start. If you have played the game for some time, you will get a special badge signifying your veteran status.
Update 6.66 Patch Notes:
- Fixed an issue where textures appeared to glow on the player’s character.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where players would respawn frozen at the beginning of a Freeze Tag round.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where parts of the player model appeared transparent in some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where players would disconnect from a match under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue in Infernal Run where picking up the ball when out of ammo would cause problems with passing or receiving the ball.
- Fixed an issue with the Multiplayer Challenge “Aimbot Hax” where Reaper Longshots would not count towards challenge completion.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer with inconsistent power item spawns on Outbreak.
- Added rotate on XYZ axis to the Grab Object manipulate controls
- Added setting to remove network limitation on single player only maps.
- Resolved various freeze and crash bugs.
- Fixed various matchmaking and lobby issues.
- Fixed visual bugs that result from combining specific HUD elements
- Fixed various freezes and crashes with using Campaign Model.
- Fixed coop crash with Bob and Rotate settings.
- Fixed bug that caused AI to run into blocking volumes set to Block Demons and AI Sight.
- Improved collision issues causing AI to partially fall into blocking volumes set to Block Demons.
For more on what the DOOM Update 6.66 brings, head over to the FAQ and Patch Notes page on the official forums.