Ready at Dawn launched Deformers back in April and it had a rocky start with the servers being unable to accommodate the player load. Now, with multiple updates, the developer has announced the Deformers Reformed update adds new features including cross-platform play between PlayStation 4 and PC as well as PC and Xbox One. The two console platforms cannot play against each other as Sony is yet to accept Microsoft’s offer to add the feature to the PlayStation 4.
Ready at Dawn have also added the ability to play couch co-op offline so if the servers are unavailable, you can at least still play.
The full post appeared on the official website and reads:
With many of the launch challenges and growing pains behind us, I am excited to let you all know that we will be releasing our first major update to Deformers, “Deformers: ReFormed”, on June 8th at 10:00AM PT — our chance to do right by you. Beyond a number of optimizations and bug fixes that will address many of the outstanding concerns you’ve raised, this update will also bring some major and exciting additional features to the game:
- Offline Play – You will be able to enjoy a truly offline couch co-op experience with up to 3 of your friends. A PlayStation Plus/Xbox Live Gold membership will no longer be required for this mode.
- Cross-Network Play – To bring the community closer together, players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will have the option to matchmake against Steam players and vice-versa.
- Tutorials – We’ll be rolling out new, in-game tutorials to help players get up-to-speed on the basics and core mechanics of Deformers, as well as learn about Powers and Classes. You’ll have a chance to perfect your skills before entering the combat arena. We plan on implementing more advanced tutorials in the future, which will reveal the deeper strategies behind Deformers’ game mechanics.
- Console Quick Chat – Players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One now have access to Quick Chat, an in-game tool that makes it easier than ever to communicate with others in the lobby and game.
But this update would not be complete without a big thank you to everyone who has played, helped us improve the game experience, and followed our journey since the beginning. So we wanted to announce a few initiatives for both existing and new players:
- In-Game Currency – Firstly, in appreciation of our current players for the support you have given us, we’ll be adding 30,000 Silver to every player account that was created prior to the time of this posting (June 6th at 9:00AM PT); Silver can be used to unlock Styles, Tags, Taunts, and Emotes in the Workshop.
- Free Weekend – Secondly, we will start a Free Weekend event on all platforms that will go live June 8th at 10:00AM PT on Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Stay tuned for further details we’ll be posting here in the next few hours.
- Free Weekend 50% Off Promotion – And lastly, starting during the Free Weekend period and lasting until June 11th, Deformers will be on sale for 50% off on Steam. Additionally, Deformers will be on sale for 50% off on every platform from June 9th-15th through the online GameStop store and at retail locations.
This is only the start. We have more updates, features, and surprises coming your way in the coming weeks and months.