After Blizzard was informed by the Chinese Ministry of Culture ruling that they must disclose the Hearthstone card pack rarity odds, Blizzard China has now released that information. Don’t get too excited though, the information that has been shared is pretty vague but likely meets their requirements under the new law.
Thanks to a rough translation on Reddit the page reads
In adherence to new laws, Hearthstone is hereby declaring the probabilities of getting specific card rarities from packs, with details as below.
Note: Each Hearthstone pack contains cards of 4 different rarities.
- RARE – At least 1 rare or better in each pack
- EPIC – Average of 1 every 5 packs
- LEGENDARY – Average of 1 every 20 packs
In addition, please note that as players open more packs, the actual probability of opening cards of a higher quality increases in tandem.
The last part of the text probably refers to what is known as the Pity Timer which improves your odds of a rare or better as you open more packs that don’t contain them. This is tracked per player and ensures that at some point, even though the packs are random, there is a higher chance you will get one of the rare or better cards.
- An Epic card will be opened within 10 packs of the last opened Epic, for that set.
- A Legendary card will be opened within 40 packs of the last opened Legendary, for that set.
Hearthstone is available now for Mac and PC as well as mobile versions for Android and iOS devices.