Bandai Namco teased a new project last week with the promise of more information on the 20th April. However, in the latest Famitsu, the project was revealed. A new dungeon explorer action RPG game called Code Vein is apparently the new title although some or all consoles will see it.
Being developed by the team behind God Eater the game is 35% complete. The game puts you in a world as a Revenant that is in isolated society called “Vein.” Revenant are a species that have transcended humanity but in doing so have lost most of their memories.
Code Vein allows you to play co-op with one other Revenant who you can team up with the navigate through Vein.
Gematsu shared some of the information
- The game is being made as a new challenge on a separate development line from the God Eater series.
- Regarding whether it is related to God Eater, Iizuka said: “We are developing it as a new title that offers a new game experience.”
- “Vein” refers to the English word “vein.” “Code” is “code.” The impression here is “codes of blood.”
- The title implies there is a hidden truth in the closed world players will explore, Vein.
- The name of the genre is “dramatic exploration action RPG.” The “exploration action RPG” genre has players tensely exploring seamlessly connected areas on foot, which offers a great sense of accomplishment. The team put a lot of thought into how it could improve on that formula.
- By traveling with a buddy, you can overcome great challenges that you might give up on if you were playing a highly difficult game on your own, and feel a greater sense of accomplishment.
- Buddies act on their own, but it will also be necessary for the player to take action to help their buddy.
- The game engine is Unreal Engine 4.
- They still can’t say which platform(s) it will support. But it will be released for console.
- A gameplay trailer will be released in early May.
- This is a Japanese title aiming for a worldwide release.
- As team leader, Tomizawa will oversee both God Eater and Code Vein.
Code Vein has not yet been confirmed for specific platforms but will release in 2018.