Owlchemy Labs, the team behind Job Simulator has confirmed that their new VR experience, Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality will be heading to Steam on the 20th April. Teaming up with Adult Swim Games to bring the experience to life, the game is described as bringing the
Experience life as a clone of Morty and all the trauma that comes with it. Step through portals to strange worlds, help Rick with his bizarre experiments, and use your hands in VR to pick up and play in an interaction-filled 3D Rick-ality. Follow Rick’s directions (or don’t!) to solve puzzles and complete missions in this fully voice acted adventure.
The release date announcement came via a Tweet from the Owlchemy Labs Twitter account.
— Owlchemy Labs (@OwlchemyLabs) April 12, 2017
The game features
- It’s your favorite 2D characters in 3D. It’s RICK AND MORTY VR! They’re 3D now!
- Probe, prod, throw, and smash iconic items like the Plumbus.
- Also, it’s got this thing!
- Teleport around rooms and walk through portals.
- No really! You walk with your actual feet through virtual portals!
- Get yelled at by Rick, and question your own self worth.
- Smack Rick in the face.
- Real fake doors!
Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality launches via Steam on the 20th April.
To run it, you will need to meet the following system requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 SP1 or newer
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 equivalent or greater
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 480
- VR: HTC Vive or Oculus Rift