Niantic Labs has said that over 65 million players are still active in Pokémon GO each month. As we previously reported, that is equating to around 23 million players per day.
In recognition of the strong performance of the game, Pokémon GO has won numerous awards including BAFTA Games Awards’ Best Mobile and Handheld Game as well as the following awards:
- Adweek’s Hot List – Hottest Digital Obsession & Hottest Mobile Game
- Academy of Arts and Science’s D.I.C.E. Awards – Mobile Game of the Year
- BBC Radio 1’s Teen Awards – Best Game
- GameSpot – Best Mobile Games of the Year
- Golden Joystick Awards – Innovation of the Year & Handheld/Mobile Game of the Year
- GSMA Glomo Awards 2017 – Best Overall Mobile App
- IGN – Mobile Game of the Year
- SXSW Gaming Awards – Mobile Game of the Year
- TechCrunch’s Crunchies – Best App of the Year
- The Game Awards – Best Mobile/Handheld Game & Best Family Game
- The Game Developers Choice Awards – Best Mobile/Handheld Game
Niantic has thanked players for their ongoing support before suggesting what was coming to the game next.
We’re still at the beginning of the journey and there’s a lot more to come. With spring arriving in the northern hemisphere, players can look forward to all new cooperative social gameplay experiences in Pokémon GO that will give Trainers new and exciting reasons to get back into the sunshine.
Cooperative multiplayer will allow wannabe Pokémon trainers to team up with friends and continue their journey to be the very best, that no one ever was!