We have to admit, we have been enjoying Mass Effect: Andromeda but there are a few things that get in the way from making it totally enjoyable. BioWare has been hearing that feedback and is looking to address a number of the gripes with Mass Effect: Andromeda Update 1.05.
Lip sync and the “darting eyes” have been improved which means those times you are in a discussion with someone, you don’t get paranoid that they are looking at someone coming up behind you or that they are planning devious acts against you.
A major feature BioWare has added is the ability to skip those over extended auto-pilot sequences while you are in the Tempest. They are cool to watch once or twice but as you fly around the Andromeda Galaxy, you don’t really need to see it every time.
The list of changes in update 1.05 are:
- Improved tutorial placement
- Increased inventory limits
- Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression
- Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)
- Improved matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
- Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
- Decreased the cost of remnant decryption keys and made them more accessible at merchants
- Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
- Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO
- Fixed an issue with Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
- Improved the appearance of eyes for human and asari characters
- Fixed various collision issues
- Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct
- Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs
- Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
- Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
- Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
- Fixes issues related to some saves
- Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
- Streaming and stability improvements
Mass Effect: Andromeda is available now for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One while the Andromeda update will be released on Thursday, 6th April.
One thing we don’t see in the update is any mention of whether Addison’s face will still be tired.