ARK: Survival Evolved Patch 256 has been released by Studio Wildcard and it brings a number of new beasts including Unicorn, Equus Magnus, Leedsichthys Conviviumbrosia, Iguanadon, as well as TEK Underwater Bases.
As well as new content and features, the UI has seen a redesign. Lead Designer, Lead Programmer, and Co-Founder of Studio Wildcard Jeremy Stieglitz described the the new UI changes:
The new ARK Inventory UI is a total redesign of the game’s former clunky interface! This visual and functional overhaul brings right-click context menus and better organization for remote inventories. It’s a significant step on the road of preparing ARK for its home stretch of Early Access!
The TEK Tier for ARK is being implemented in multiple phases, with the new update including awesome new element powered gear like:
- New Structure: TEK Power Generator. The wireless generators power TEK structures and any Tribe electrical structures in adjustable range.
- New Structures & Mechanic: TEK Underwater Bases. Allows fully-enclosed structures to be created underwater, with ventilators to allow oxygen filled room. Air-locks and moonpools allow players to enter and exit without flooding their base.
- New Structure: TEK Teleporter. Helps players move around the expansive open-world island. But very expensive to obtain!
- New Item: TEK Mosa Saddle. Once properly placed on the Mosasaur it equips the beast with lasers and more.
Full List of v256 New Content
- Mechanic: Aquatic & Amphibious Creature Breeding
- Dinos: Equus, Leedsichthys, Ichthyornis, Iguanodon!
- Structures & Mechanic: Tek Underwater Bases
- TEK Items: TEK Teleporter, TEK Mosa Saddle, TEK Power Generator
- Total Inventory Menu redesign (other UI’s coming soon!)
- 1 New Hairstyle and 1 New Facial Hairstyle (male and female variants). Growable ponytails with full physics and mutton chops!
- 30+ Explorer Notes
- New Weapon: The Lasso