Double Eleven has announced that the Prison Architect community update is available now for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Based on player feedback and requests, Double Eleven sorted through and added new content to the prison building and management title. The developer recognised that not all requests could be fulfilled stating
While we couldn’t give players everything they wanted (believe me, we’d love to!) we’ve added in a load of new content for you.
One of the biggest new features is the inclusion of sniper towers to keep those unruly criminals in their place or face the consequences.
For the first time on console, you can build and staff your own Sniper Towers- the ultimate tool in ethically dubious prison security.
The full list of changes and additions reads:
- Sniper Tower- as popular as they are imposing, Sniper Towers make their way from PC to console!
- Snipers- All that extra training (and a fancy hat) to make your rioting inmates think twice about escaping
- White Walls- A white block design. What else do you want?
- White Walls (decayed)- A white breeze block design with additional decay for that ‘cleaned a decade ago’ aesthetic
- Classy Wall- 3 wallpapered wall designs. Combine these with new carpets to give your offices that feeling of opulent luxury
- Barred Wall- Cold hard bars to match with Jail Door design, when you want to keep things oldschool
- Yutani Wall- Futuristic metallic wall design, combine with Solaco floor for the ultimate in sci-fi prison chic
- Tiled Wall- Created to match tiled floors for your shower rooms
- Bamboo Fence- For days when your prison ABSOLUTELY needs to look like a tiki bar
- Hedge (fence)- Use as a boundary or just for aesthetics. Alternatively, you could build the world’s best hedge maze
- Glass Window (Standard/Large)- Warm up your picture-perfect view with some nice cold glass
- Rocky Cliff Edge- Natural but impassable rocky terrain. Perfect for island prisons or hilltop towers
- Outdoor Lake (Quick room)- Idyllic small lake with pretty features for the sensitive souls in your charge
- River (quick room)- Use to quickly stamp out rivers and moats
- Carpet- 3 variations of coloured, patterned carpet tiles. Ideal for staff areas and lucky prisoners
- Green Limestone- Dark green stone floor to build your very own Green Mile
- Sandstone- Sandy coloured stone slabs
- Iron Floor- Rusty old metal plates, careful on those edges
- Running Track- Red Clay running track, low resistance to encourage exercise in your lazy lazy inmates
- Grate Floor- Hi-tech looking metal floor grates. Don’t cross in stilettos
- Cargo Floor- Industrial design, to match Yutani walls
- Solaco Floor- Diamond-plate metal floor
- Checkered Floor- Give your eateries the old-fashioned diner look
- Bench (Small)- Like a normal bench, just with 2 tile width. Perfect for cuddles
- Bed (Comfy)- A super plush luxury bed which improves inmates’ Comfort and Sleep
- Shower Head (Hot)- Steamy shower which improves inmates’ Comfort and Hygiene, gives incredible body and shine
- Size increased from 12 square tiles to 20
Plus additional bug fixes
The Prison Architect community update is available to download now as a free update for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Prison Architect is available now for Mac, PC, PlayStation 4, SteamOS, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.