There are creative people out there in the world of Minecraft, one of them has now built Pokémon Cobalt and Amethyst in the block builder for PC.
Developer Phoenix SC says that the build gives you “60 to 80 hours” of gameplay and required your machine to have at least 2GB RAM with Minecraft 1.8.7 or 1.8.8.
Check out the build in the video below and if you want to play it, check out the lengthy description of it on YouTube.
Pokémon Cobalt and Amethyst is a 1.8.8 single player vanilla Minecraft map that recreates the original Pokémon role-playing game in Minecraft. This includes battling, capturing, and training Pokémon, fighting trainers, and challenging Gym Leaders and, ultimately, the Pokémon League. Everything you love in Pokémon is now here as a vanilla adventure map, ready to play! Experience the open world and 3D sensation Minecraft offers!
The map places itself in a never-before-seen region, featuring a new set of 136 Pokémon and a new story dominated by an antagonist threatening to release a Legendary darkness that demands tribute. It is your task to seek the truth with the help of the region’s Professor and your rival – either capture it before it’s too late, or take Team Tempest down while saving the lives of those closest to you.
MAP SETTINGS & REQUIREMENTS
Allocate at least 2 GB RAM to your Minecraft client.
Estimated gameplay time: 60-80 hours
1. Run Minecraft version 1.8.7 or 1.8.8 for optimal playing experience. Install the map as normal (you do not need to install the resource pack separately; it has been embedded into the world save). Please do not use any other resource packs.
2. It is recommended that you install Optifine at http://optifine.net/downloads and ensure you are running no other mods. Although playing the map without Optifine is sufficient, you may notice visual imperfections and/or frame lag especially on weaker computers.
3. Please set your chat settings to the following (this may be adjusted according to your Minecraft client’s resolution): Scale: 100%; Focused Height: 120px; Unfocused Height (currently shows an error): 100px; Width: 320px
3a. Set your language to U.S. English.
4. Please set your view distance to at least 16 chunks, and FOV to normal.
5. Set the volume for ‘Music’ to 0.
6. Do NOT backtrack in chat. This generally includes attempting to click buttons in previous chat logs. Avoid spam clicking buttons. Previous chat logs serve as memory only.
6a. Do not quit out of the map in the middle of dialogue/cutscene, function, or battle. This will break the map (if this occurs to you, please contact me immediately).
6b. If there is a clickable arrow in the most recent chat log, you must click it before doing anything else.
7. All Items work via right-click, except the Bike which is activated by dropping it (default key: Q).
In order to avoid or remedy any game-breaking glitches, MAKE FREQUENT BACKUPS of the map.
To download Pokémon Cobalt and Amethyst for Minecraft you should check out Phoenix Projects’ official website which also includes a walkthrough. How long the videos and downloads will last for is unknown due to Nintendo’s aggressive stance on people creating things like this.
Minecraft is available now for Mac, PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. It is also available for Android, iOS and Windows Phone devices.