Nintendo has finally released the full specifications of the Nintendo Switch. Listed in full on the Nintendo UK website, the Nintendo Switch specifications include the console/tablet, the dock, Joy-Con’s and more. It also includes operating temperatures and hints that future updates will add USB 3.0 support.
Nintendo Switch console
- 102mm x 239mm x 13.9mm (with Joy-Con attached)
- Please note: 28.4mm at the thickest, from the tips of the analogue sticks to the ZL/ZR Button protrusions.
- Approx. 297g
- (With Joy-Con controllers attached: 398g)
- Capacitive touch screen / 6.2 inch LCD / 1280×720 resolution
- NVIDIA customised Tegra processor
- 32 GB
- Please note: a portion of this internal memory is reserved for use by the system.
- Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac compliant) / Bluetooth 4.1 (TV mode only. A wired LAN connection is possible through the use of a commercially available wired LAN adapter.)
- Maximum resolution: 1920×1080, 60 fps
- Please note: output via HDMI cable in TV mode. In tabletop mode and handheld mode, the maximum resolution is 1280×720, which matches the screen resolution.
- Supports linear PCM 5.1ch
- Please note: output via HDMI cable in TV mode.
- USB Type-C terminal
- Used for charging or for connecting to the Nintendo Switch dock.
- Stereo output
- Exclusively for Nintendo Switch game cards.
- Compatible with microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC memory cards.
- Please note: an update via an internet connection is required to use microSDXC memory cards.
- Accelerometer / gyroscope / brightness sensor
- Temperature: 5 – 35°C / Humidity: 20 – 80%
- Lithium ion battery / battery capacity 4310mAh
- Please note: the internal battery cannot be removed. If the battery needs to be replaced, we plan to offer paid replacement via Nintendo Customer Support.
- Battery life can last for more than six hours, but will vary depending on the software and usage conditions.
- For example, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild can be played for roughly three hours on a single charge.
- 3 hours approx.
- Please note: this is the time taken to charge while the console is in sleep mode.
Nintendo Switch Dock
- 104mm x 173mm x 54mm
- Approx. 327g
- USB ports: two USB 2.0 compatible ports on the side, one on the back.*
- *Launches with USB 2.0 support, but USB 3.0 support will be added in a future update.
- System connector
- AC adapter port
- HDMI port