Microsoft has pushed a new Xbox One update to owners which looks to improve the consoles download speeds by as much as 80%. If you have an Internet connection over 100Mbps you can expect up to an 80% speed improvement while those on less than 100Mbps can expect a still impressive jump of up to 40% better download speeds.
As well as improving download speeds, Microsoft has made the download process more resilient to connection interruptions.
OS version: 10.0.14393.2152 (rs1_xbox_rel_1610 161208-1218) fre
Release date: 12/14/2016
We’ve made several optimizations to game and app downloads on Xbox One:
- Customers with high-speed connections (greater than 100Mbps) should experience up to 80% faster download speeds.
- Customers with connections less than 100Mbps should experience more consistent performance that is up to 40% faster than before.
- Additional optimizations have also made background downloads more resilient to intermittent connectivity issues.
Download speeds will be influenced by network contention within the home and at the ISP level. Download speeds will also be impacted when games are running on the console as system resources are prioritized for gameplay over background downloads. For more information, visit Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads on Xbox One.
- Firmware update to improve performance.
- General performance improvements for added reliability and consistent experiences across steaming music apps.
- General stability and performance improvements.
If you want to ensure you have the latest Xbox One update as soon as possible, head to All Settings > System > Console info & updates and check you have the latest OS version.
The Xbox One S is available now.