Activision and Vicarious Visions are bringing back the crazy Australian marsupial to PlayStation 4 with the announcement of Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy.
The trilogy represents a remastering of the original three games, Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, and Crash Bandicoot: Warped.
Dan Tanguay from Vicious Visions sees the trilogy as more than a remaster though saying
But we don’t consider this a remake. We know how much you all love the original games, so we didn’t want to fully remake them. The N. Sane Trilogy is a remaster plus.
The game will feature
- Rebuilt levels, based on the original geometry
- Rebuilt characters, following the original designs
- Rebuilt cinematics, inspired by the originals
- Unified checkpointing & save game system. This includes manual and auto-saving. (Yes, the first game now has a proper save game system!)
- Unified menu system. Here an example of the Pause menu for Crash Bandicoot:
- Time Trials in all three games
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is set to release exclusively on PlayStation 4 in 2017.