Final Fantasy XV has been open to pre-loading on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One ahead of the 29th November 2016 release date. Now, update 1.01 is also rolling out on the consoles to ensure you can get the sizable update prior to Tuesday’s launch.
If you are going all digital with your Final Fantasy XV, you can expect ~60GB of downloading including Update 1.01. If you are going with physical media, you will still have the update to download as Update 1.01 isn’t the same patch that caused the game to be delayed by a couple of months.
- Base Game: 50.7GB
- Update 1.01: 7.24GB
- Base Game: 51.82GB
- Update 1.01: 9.13GB
The day-1 update adds a number of updates and bug fixes from feedback they obtained from players in Asia that played the demo.
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight space and to improve visibility during battles
- New event scenes and scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the “Omen” trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events easier to follow for newcomers
- The addition of an ability tree for the “Wait Mode” function which improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
- A wider variety of recipes and fish with an addition of a gallery for completionist players who enjoy collecting items
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter
More information has been promised tomorrow via the official Twitter account.
We’ve important news Monday about further enhancements and upgrades the dev team have added to #FFXV for release day on 29th November [1/3]
— Final Fantasy XV (@FFXVEN) November 18, 2016
Final Fantasy XV is due for release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on the 29th November 2016.