Mojang has announced that Windows 10 and Pocket Editions of Minecraft will be getting the 1.0 – The Ender Update soon.
Adding The Ender Dragon and a whole host of new content, this isn’t the last update for Pocket Edition and Windows 10, the naming of Update 1.0 was due to the significant amount of content the update brings. What is does mean, is that it will no longer sport the Beta mark these versions have had.
Features and improvements brought by the update include:
- World height is increased to 256 blocks, that is double the height it was previously
- Elytra, or “wings” allowing you to navigate your Minecraft world from above. You can’t increase height but you can glide
- You can loot these from an End ship
- The End and The Ender Dragon
- After defeating The Ender Dragon you’ll be able to explore the outer islands of the End and check out the End Cities
- New mob called the Shulker
- Ability to mine purple blocks to add some flare to your creations known as purpur
- Farm chorus plants
- A load more that Mojang is keeping quiet on because they want players to experience it themselves
If you are on an Android device, you can sign up to the Beta version of the update and try it out, and give feedback by signing up here.
Version 1.0 – The Ender Update is also the version that Apple TV will get when it releases.