Team17 have announced that The Escapists 2 will be releasing sometime in 2017 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
In Team17’s announcement, the have released some details of what we can expect when the game launches.
- Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop-out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes!
- New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
- New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
- New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style.
- More character customisation – New customisation options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level including the option to play as a male or female escapist! Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours…
- More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated.
What's your reaction?
Sit Back and Watch
You might also like
UPDATE: Team17 has confirmed that Yooka-Laylee will not be supporting Play Anywhere for Windows 10 and Xbox One. The announcement that it was a feature that would be “Coming Soon” should instead have been directed at the fact the Windows 10 version of the 3D platformer is “Coming Soon.” Original Story: Microsoft have confirmed through […]
Playtonic Games and Team17 have announced a Yooka-Laylee patch which looks to address a number of camera and performance issues which were often raised in early reviews. [Fixed] Camera will become locked in place after completing Gravity Room challenge in Galleon [Fixed] Grappling the seeds as they break in Planker’s challenge causes erratic behaviour in […]