Team17 have announced that The Escapists 2 will be releasing sometime in 2017 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
In Team17’s announcement, the have released some details of what we can expect when the game launches.
- Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop-out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes!
- New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
- New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
- New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style.
- More character customisation – New customisation options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level including the option to play as a male or female escapist! Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours…
- More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated.
What's your reaction?
Sit Back and Watch
You might also like
Team17 has heard the discussions around multiplayer aspects of Worms WMD on Nintendo Switch and added some clarification. There were rumours and misunderstanding around the multiplayer options in the Worms title with some being convinced that it didn’t support the feature. Team17 confirmed that the Nintendo Switch version of the game supports six players in both […]
UPDATE: Team17 has confirmed that Yooka-Laylee will not be supporting Play Anywhere for Windows 10 and Xbox One. The announcement that it was a feature that would be “Coming Soon” should instead have been directed at the fact the Windows 10 version of the 3D platformer is “Coming Soon.” Original Story: Microsoft have confirmed through […]
Playtonic Games and Team17 have announced a Yooka-Laylee patch which looks to address a number of camera and performance issues which were often raised in early reviews. [Fixed] Camera will become locked in place after completing Gravity Room challenge in Galleon [Fixed] Grappling the seeds as they break in Planker’s challenge causes erratic behaviour in […]