Evolve Free-to-Play is coming and will start with the PC version leading the way. After a Beta phase on PC, the free-to-play model will come to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One too.
Yesterday the official website was counting down to an announcement, now the site is unreachable.
The news of Evolve Free-to-Play on PC also accompanied news that Turtle Rock Studios “want that magic back and we aim to make it happen” with a number of other changes and updates to the game.
- We’re reworking the hunter classes to make the team less reliant on having experienced trappers and medics.
- We’re making improvements to the maps and UI.
- We’re improving load times, overall performance, and getting you into the game faster.
- We’re focusing on improving stability and fixing bugs.
- We’re completely reworking our progression system and tutorials.
- We’re adding more customization options.
Evolve is free on PC as a Beta starting today, 7th July. If you previously purchased Evolve will be given Founder status in the free version as well as all the content you own transitioning into the new version.
— Evolve (@EvolveGame) July 7, 2016