Saints Row developer Volition and publisher Deep Silver have announced Agents of Mayhem, a new third person open world action based IP that will launch on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2017.
Set in a comic hero universe, the new game shares a very similar crest to its Saints Row brethren. But what Agents of Mayhem does have, is acronyms.
Meet the Agents of M.A.Y.H.E.M. (the Multinational Agency for Hunting Evil Masterminds) – a motley outfit of unique and diverse Super Agents recruited from around the world to thwart the destructive schemes of the evil supervillain organization L.E.G.I.O.N. (the League of Evil Gentlemen Intent on Obliterating Nations).
Featuring an original storyline, trademark over-the-top open-world gameplay, and the look-and-feel of a distinctive superhero cosmos, Agents of Mayhem is a true Volition game. This new IP is a part of the Saints Row universe, sharing certain story elements, symbolism, and design inspiration with the multi-million selling franchise. Building on the unique skill of the AAA studio to continuously surprise, endear, and engage players, Agents of Mayhem represents the culmination of over a decade of open world experience and creativity.
Check out the first look below:
- Pick your squad of 3 highly skilled and iconic characters from a roster of 12 uniquely designed MAYHEM agents, brimming with personality
- Play as any of the 3 Super Agents you select to take into battle, and swap between them on the fly for greater gameplay depth
- The technologically advanced capital of South Korea with its Open World cityscape is your playground to take down LEGION
- Discover secret research centers concealed throughout Seoul, hidden enemy lairs beneath the glossy surface of the city, and nefarious plots to unravel
- Inspired by an assortment of past and present pop culture revolving around super heroes, comics and Saturday morning cartoons
Agents of Mayhem is due to release on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2017.