Cell shaded racing titles are few and far between, but Cel Damage HD looks to change that on the Xbox One.
The original Cel Damage released on the first Xbox in 2001 following styling from the likes of Wacky Races on Dreamcast. The game brought stylised art with features like
- Single-player / 2-4 player split-screen multiplayer
- 30+ cartoon weapons, like Giant Hammer, TNT Sheep, and Shrink Ray
- 10 unique characters and vehicles to play, each with different driving characteristics
- 13 arenas, from a wild west ghost town to the inside of a moon crater
- 3 game modes: racing, deathmatch and a capture the flag variant
- 100 Tons of fun (watch out!!)
After hitting the original Xbox, Cel Damage releases followed on GameCube and PlayStation 2. Cel Damage Overdrive followed for PlayStation 2 and then Cel Damage HD PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in 2014.
Cel Damage HD releases on the 11th March 2016 and is available for pre-order now for $8.99 / £7.19.