Players who play the Minecraft console version will soon be getting a major update to the game. Mojang and 4J Studios have submitted the new update known as 1.22 to Sony and Microsoft for first party certification approval before being released.
The update brings console versions closer to the PC version , and adds a number of things that PC gamers have had access to including:
- Armor Stand, Raw Rabbit, Cooked Rabbit, Rabbit Stew, Raw Mutton, Cooked Mutton, Rabbit’s Foot, Rabbit Hide, Potion of Leaping, Potion of Water Breathing, Salmon, Cooked Salmon, Clownfish, Pufferfish, Blue Orchid, Allium, Azure Bluet, Tulips, Oxeye Daisy, Sunflower, Lilac, Poppy (replaces Rose), Rose Bush, Peony, Double Tall Grass, Large Ferns, Prismarine Crystals, Prismarine Shard.
- Creative Mode only: Rabbit Spawn Egg, Endermite Spawn Egg, and Guardian Spawn Egg.
- Podzol, Granite, Polished Granite, Andesite, Polished Andesite, Diorite, Polished Diorite, Prismarine, Dark Prismarine, Prismarine Bricks, Red Sand, Red Sandstone, Smooth Red Sandstone, Chiseled Red Sandstone, Red Sandstone Stairs, Sea Lanterns, Wet Sponge, Slime Blocks, Coarse Dirt, Packed Ice, Acacia Saplings, Dark Oak Saplings.
- Endermite, Guardian, Elder Guardian, Rabbit, Chicken Jockey.
- Mesa, Mega Taiga, Roofed Forest, Birch Forest, Forest, Savanna, Extreme Hills+, Deep Ocean, Snowless Taiga, 20 new Technical Biomes.
- Ocean Monument
- Luck of the Sea, Lure, Depth Strider
For a full list of changes in the Minecraft console update 1.22, check out the Minecraft Gamepedia.
There is currently no announced release date for the new update but certification usually takes about a week from when it is submitted.
Minecraft is available on Linux, Mac, PC, PC – Windows 10 Edition, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One, iOS, Android and Windows Phone. It is releasing on Wii U today, 17th December.