From Software has lifted the lid on Dark Souls III at the PlayStation Experience 2015 event with a gameplay trailer and details on the pre-order offers.
In the UK, there will be the standard edition as usual plus three special editions available for pre-order:
- Dark Souls III Apocalypse Edition and contains the game, a metal case and official soundtrack CD, this version will be exclusive to GAME.
- Dark Souls III Collector’s Edition contains the game, metal case, soundtrack, a map, iron-on patches, an A4 art book, a Red Knight figurine and an exclusive box.
- Dark Souls III Prestige Edition includes everything from the Collector’s Edition plus a numbered 40cm Lord of Cinder polystone resin figure. This will be exclusive to Amazon.
In the US, there is slightly less choice.
- Dark Souls III Day One Edition which includes the Prima starter guide, official soundtrack, O-Sleeve packaging, and the game
- Dark Souls III Collector’s Edition comes with everything in the Day One Edition plus an art book, cloth game map, 10-inch Red Knight Statue and collector’s box.
Dark Souls III will be available on the 24th March 2016 in Japan and the 12th April 2016 in North America and Europe according to publisher, Namco Bandai for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.