Eight PlayStation 2 games will be available to play on PlayStation 4 starting tomorrow, 5th December at 20:00 / 8pm GMT.
The re-release of these titles supports upscaled 1080p and include Trophy support unlike the original release. To be in line with PlayStation 4 titles, they will also support Remote Play, Activity Feeds, and Second Screen support for game manuals with PlayStation Vita or PlayStation App, as well as Live Broadcast and Share Play.
The wording on the announcement suggests that you will be required to purchase these titles to play on your PlayStation 4 but no pricing was provided. The PlayStation 4 will also not support PlayStation 2 discs being used making the backwards compatibility a digital only affair.
- Dark Cloud (SCE Worldwide Studios)
- Grand Theft Auto 3 (Rockstar Games)
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Rockstar Games)
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Rockstar Games)
- Rogue Galaxy (SCE Worldwide Studios)
- The Mark of Kri (SCE Worldwide Studios)
- War of the Monsters (SCE Worldwide Studios)
- Twisted Metal: Black (SCE Worldwide Studios)
The announcement came via the European PlayStation Blog.