Ford has created a one off Xbox Elite Wireless Controller concept based on the Ford GT. There is no word on whether the controller will see the light of day or even if the steering thumb stick will be available for the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller owners due to the interchangeable components but it sure looks impressive.
- Xbox Elite Wireless Controller is a one-off design exercise from the Xbox Hardware team inspired by the Ford GT and the release of Forza Motorsport 6 which features the Ford GT on the cover.
- Carbon Fiber case parts create rigidity and lightness in the controller, the same way it is used on the GT chassis.
- Custom metallic paint job matched to Ford’s specifications.
- Left thumbstick shape inspired by the GT steering wheel and angled towards the player for a more ergonomic experience. A horizontal movement limiter also ensures efficiency and accuracy in steering.
- Custom paddles inspired by the steering column paddles shifters on the GT. Program them on your Xbox One to shift up, down and even to engage the clutch.
- See through battery door and custom battery pack inspired by the engine compartment and EcoBoost V6 engine.
- Cutaway brake and accelerator triggers reveal the impulse motors that give Forza Motorsport 6 its realistic feel.