Nintendo is up as the last of the three console manufacturers to showcase what they have at this years E3.
- Starting the event with muppets of Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto and Reggie Fils-Aimé, it was a segway into Star Fox. Off way of doing it but memorable.
- Shigeru Miyamoto talks about how Star Fox was inspired by Thunderbirds
- Gamepad gyro allows you to look all around you in the new Star Fox iteration, bringing the two screen setup of the Wii U to bring immersive features
- In the new Star Fox, the R-Wing can transform into a Walker at the touch of a button. The feature was in Star Fox 2 which never released so this allows them to bring it to the players
- The new game will be named Star Fox Zero
- Nintendo NX will be discussed in more detail during 2016
- Reggie Fils-Aimé discussed Amiibo with Activision and Skylanders Superchargers
- Two special characters will appear in Skylanders Superchargers – Tubro Charged Donkey Kong in his Barrel Blaster vehicle and Hammer Slam Bowser with a Clown Cruiser vehicle
- Tubro Charged Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser can be used in both Skylanders and as an Amiibo
- Both characters can only be used exclusively on Nintendo platforms
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, a mutliplayer Zelda title where you work cooperatively through puzzles and adventures
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes will be available later this year for the Nintendo 3DS
- Using the Totem mechanic you can reach higher areas of levels to find secrets and solve puzzles
- Clothes you can unlock within The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes provide different abilities and experiences
- A Nintendo 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors is coming out and will be known as Hyrule Warriors Legends
- Hyrule Warriors Legends will also include characters including some from Wind Waker
- Hyrule Warriors Legends is due out in early 2016
- Fire Emblem Fates looks graphically like an 80’s cartoon, awesome
- Atlus is bringing 出展映像 幻影異聞録♯FE in 2016
- Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer for Nintendo 3DS allows you to build your town and decorate your buildings and will be available on the 25th Sept 2015
- Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival coming to Wii U and releasing nearer Christmas this year
- Yoshi’s Woolly World is a platformer where the world and Yoshi is all made of yarn and textiles, swallowing enemies turns them into yarn balls instead of eggs
- Yoshi’s Woolly World caters for more casual and explorer and hardcore players depending on how you want to play
- Adding an Amiibo into Yoshi’s Woolly World turns Yoshi into the likeness of that Amiibo. For example, if you put Mario into game, you will have a Yoshi with Mario styling, clothes and mustache.
- Yoshi’s Woolly World is available for Wii U on the 16th October 2015 but pre-orders are open now
- Super Mario Maker for Wii U lets you build your own Super Mario levels using assets from older Mario titles and is available from the 11th September
- Mario 30th Anniversary celebrates by having an 8-bit Mario Amiibo
What's your reaction?
Sit Back and Watch