LEGO Worlds, a sandbox-style Minecraft rival, has released on Steam Early Access.
The game from Travelers Tales and Warner Brothers lets you do exactly what you’d do with LEGO, build, demolish and rebuild and probably play a bit too before your sibling rips it apart for pieces…
Currently LEGO Worlds is a simple single player game with promises of more features akin to its main rival, Minecraft. Features like online multiplayer, “procedurally-generated underground cave networks”, biomes, AI creatures and underwater gameplay.
Those familiar with LEGO titles from Travelers Tales will also be happy to hear the planned inclusion of Red Brick cheats and customizable characters.
The game description paints, or builds, the scene with what you can expect
LEGO Worlds is a galaxy of procedurally-generated Worlds made entirely of LEGO bricks which you can freely manipulate and dynamically populate with LEGO models. Explore each World and unlock new discoveries: from cowboys and giraffes to vampires and polar bears, to steamrollers, race cars, and colossal digging machines! Use the multi-tool to shape environments and alter any World to your liking: raise the terrain to create vast mountain ranges, or enter the Brick-by-Brick editor to build anything you can imagine. Save your creations to build with them again. LEGO Worlds enables you to populate your Worlds with many weird and wonderful characters, creatures, models, and driveable vehicles, and then play out your own unique adventures. Probably not worth upsetting the Skeletons though…
Features listed include, the ability to explore and discover the surprises within LEGO Worlds
- Uncover hidden treasures in environments that range from the fun to the fantastical.
- Make your worlds come to life with customizable characters, both friendly and fearsome
- Race, soar, zoom, and ride on a variety of vehicles and creatures from diggers and helicopters to horses and dragons
Create and Customize your own LEGO World
- Build any world you can imagine using the brick-by-brick editor tool and prefabricated LEGO structures
- Modify terrain quickly and easily with the multi-tool.
- Customize your characters in a wide variety of outfits and options.
- Play with a select number of real-life LEGO sets, taken from the Classic and current LEGO themes!
- Export your creations and save them to use again.
Expand your LEGO World
- More content, features, and new LEGO play sets to be added in future updates.
LEGO Worlds is currently available on Steam for $14.99 / £11.99.
We took a look at the early access, jump to the end for some awesome dragon flying action.