Mojang has released a new update for Minecraft on PC which addresses a number of security issues. Update 1.8.5 is available to download now from the game launcher.
Their notable fixes include:
- [Bug MC-79632] – Phantom Custom Player in Scoreboard / UUIDs of non-player entities on scoreboards truncated after relog
- [Bug MC-75630] – Exploit with signs and command blocks
- [Bug MC-80478] – Better server validation for movement packets
- [Bug MC-80479] – Invalid beacon effects are not validated
- [Bug MC-80480] – Certain attribute values are not bound
You can read more about the update on Mojang.com