Electronic Arts has reported its latest earnings for Q4 FY15 (January to end of March 2015) beating their guidance of $830 million by pulling in $896 million. For the whole FY15 period, the company reported a net revenue of $4.319 billion with $2.230 billion of that being digital.
The company touted some large numbers from player behavior across their franchises.
- For fiscal year 2015 EA was the #1 publisher on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One consoles in the world, driven by the success of Battlefield™Hardline, Dragon Age™: Inquisition, FIFA 15, NHL®15, Madden NFL 15, Battlefield 4™ and FIFA 14.
- More than 30 million game sessions of Battlefield Hardline were played in Q4.
- Nearly 200 million hours of Dragon Age: Inquisition have been played life-to-date.
- The Simpsons™: Tapped Out averaged more than 16 million monthly players throughout FY15.
- Monthly active users for EA’s mobile titles averaged more than 165 million in Q4.
- Players can live out their Star Wars fantasies when Star Wars™Battlefront™ launches beginning on November 17, 2015 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and on Origin™ for PC.
Also of interest in the earnings call was more information on a number of titles still in development.
- Mirror’s Edge 2 is expected in the first quarter of 2016
- Plants vs Zombies console title “Garden Warfare 2??” is expected in the same window
- Need for Speed will see two releases, Need for Speed: No Limits for mobile and a console/PC NFS from Ghost Games.
- EA also confirmed that the next Titanfall wouldn’t see light until 2017
EA also released an infographic showing player behavior