Paradox took time in their Gamescom press conference to announce Cities: Skylines.
Main features they are showing on their website include:
- City policies: Set policies to guide how the city and districts develop over the course of your playthrough.
- City districts: Personalize city districts with names of your choice for variety and personality.
- Road building and zoning
- Unlock buildings and services
- Taxation: Fine-tuning the city budget and services and setting tax rates to different residential, commercial and industrial levels and controlling what kind of areas are more likely to spawn in the zoned areas
- Public transportation: Build transport networks throughout the city with buses and metros
- Outside connections: Make industry and commercial districts flourish with new customers in the neighboring cities
- Wonders: the ultimate end-game content that the players strive towards
- Huge maps: Unlock new map tiles with unique possibilities to expand the city
- Water flow simulation: Add new challenges to water services.
- Polished visual style and core gameplay
- Modding tools: Built in feature designed to encourage creative pursuits.
The video appears to take some aimed shots and references to Maxis’ most recent SimCity title.
For more information about the game, check out http://www.citiesskylines.com