Massively popular zombie survival game, DayZ
“We do not expect to reach beta status sooner than the end of 2014,” announced Marek Spanel, boss of developer Bohemia, on the DayZ blog.
He also shared an updated sales figures stating that the Alpha had sold many more than “nearly 800,000 in under a month”, as Hall suggested: it’s, according to Spanel, “over 875,000 copies … in just three weeks”. That means the early access has raked in approximately $29 million for Bohemia so far not accounting for Valve’s cut of the sale as it goes through Steam.
Short-term that means “the most critical problems” while also getting DayZ on the road to beta. Here’s the DayZ to-do list according to Spanel.
- Server performance, stability and security
- Animals & hunting
- Cooking & gathering resources
- Playable user customizable vehicles
- Player created constructions in the environment
- More complex interactions with the environment and crafting options
- Streamlined user actions and interface
- Control and animations expanded and improved for fluidity
- Upgraded graphics and physics engine (including ragdoll, etc.)
- Support of user mods and more flexibility for user hosted servers and game types
If you do play DayZ already, don’t forget to WIGGLE!