Electronic Arts has acknowledged a crash bug on FIFA 14 on the Xbox One platform that released today.
One of the issues appears to happen when using a 2nd controller and profile to navigate the boot flow of the football (ed. Soccer) title.
Using two separate controllers, both assigned to user profiles, and then using controller two to navigate the boot flow when FIFA 14 is loading can result in a crash, EA warned.
In the meantime, it advised using controller one to navigate the boot flow of FIFA 14. You can turn on and use controller two once in the main menu.
Boot flow is basically anything before you get to the main menu, so pressing START, skipping the intro movie etc.
The second issue, also in the boot flow section of the game
If you leave the Xbox One inactive until it ‘sleeps’ on the title screen in the Xbox One bootflow, you will not be able to access any online features when returning from an unsuspended state.
EA Sports advises you don’t suspend the console when on the title screen. If you do, restart the Xbox One.
EA has mentioned that they are working on a day one update to address both of these crashes.
EA also took the opportunity to lay out their plans for the future of FIFA 14 on the new consoles and said it had identified other issues it intends to address with an update. They are outlined in the list below:
- FIFA fans cannot join Friends Only matches via a friend’s profile (PS4 only). You should: Accept the invite from the user when it comes through and you will be able to join the match properly.
- Title crash in Co-Op seasons if the captain is using a custom formation and the non-captain does not have any custom formations (XOne only). You should: Make sure you have the same amount of custom formations as your teammate, or not use them.
- The ‘Seasons Win’ item in the EA SPORTS FC catalogue will not be properly received if gifted to a friend. (BOTH PS4/XOne) You should: Hold off on gifting this item until the upcoming title update.
- Compatibility improvements with Xbox voice commands (XOne only).
- When playing as a GK in Pro Clubs, you will have no way of changing the camera off of the ‘End To End’ camera (XOne only).
As a PR promotional item highlighting progress made through updates on PC and current/last gen, EA said the changes made to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC versionshad resulted in the crash rate dropping 71% since launch.